New Virginia Laws Expand Access to Voting
- Early voting starts Friday, September 18
- No excuse needed to vote early, either in person* or by mail
- Multiple forms of ID are acceptable; a photo is no longer required
- November 3, General Election Day, is a state holiday
- Absentee ballots postmarked on Election Day are valid if received by noon on Friday, November 6.
*Vote early in person at the Orange County Registrar’s Office
Read more about the new election/voting laws.
Orange County Office of Voter Registration and Elections &
Location for In-person Early Voting
146 Madison Rd., Suite 204
Orange, VA 22960
General Election – November 3, 2020
- Now – Apply for an absentee ballot
- September 18, 2020 – First date to vote absentee by mail or in-person
- October 13, 2020 – Last date to register or update registration with address change.
- October 23, 2020 (5:00 p.m.) – Last date to request absentee ballot by mail.
- October 31, 2020 (5:00 p.m.) – Last date to request absentee ballot by appearing in person
- November 3, 2020 (Election day)
- 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. – In-person voting at your polling location.
- As long as your absentee ballot is postmarked by this day and is received by noon, Friday, November 6, it will be counted.
Orange County Polling Locations
(101) Barboursville Fire House
(102) Gordonsville Fire House
(201) Lightfoot Elementary School
(202) Mine Run Fire Department
(301) Prospect Heights Middle School
(302) Unionville Elementary School
(401) Locust Grove Primary School
(402) Locust Grove Middle School
(501) Lake of the Woods Club House
(502) Lake of the Woods Community Center
Addresses and map for Orange County polling locations.